Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Pickin' up the old ringer....



After Todd and I separated in July, my Mary Kay business became completely neglected. I had a horrible attitude and zero desire to do anything. Occasionally I would make some calls, but I wouln't ever follow up on the calls and get people to come to classes. It was hard to lose that momentum, because I kicked some major ASS the first month and a half of doing Mary Kay. I signed up in May and by the end of June, I had 8 active team members, 5 of which were qualified. I had half of my car production done, and had I kept up with that momentum, I would be driving a free Pontiac Vibe right now, making a nice chunk of extra change.


Rather than beat myself up for life happening, I'm very excited to announce that last night was my first night of really getting back into the swing of things. I spent almost 2 hours on the phone, calling women I had worked with and known personally. I only got through 18 calls or so, because it's been a while since I last talked to some of these people. Everyone wanted to know how I was doing, what I was up to, the status of my divorce, etc. Everyone who answered their phone booked with me to come to a class!!! 3 people committed to bringing at least 2 other friends to make it an official class. The other 2 people will get a call from me tonight, encouraging them to turn it into a class. Hosting a class=free product or great discounts, after all. :)


It really felt good to be working the business again. This week I am swearing off guys and actually scheduling time to do some Income Producing Activities. And it feels good. It's about damn time I started taking care of me! ;)

1 comment:

The Rusty Hoe said...

sorry to hear about the divorce. i am a former mk director. have you seen www.pinktruth.com ?