Monday, April 09, 2007

"Good People"

My friend Melanie refers to anyone that has a genuine heart, compassionate spirit, and an honest soul as "Good People." It's kind of funny, because she'll be talking about a person in particular and she'll say "He's 'Good People.'" She grew up in Germany, so you can't give her any shit about her grammar...besides that, she'll just flat out kick your butt!

I've had the good fortune of running into several "Good People" in my life. In general, I believe in the goodness of humanity, but not everyone strikes me as a genuinely remarkable energy-giving philanthropist. When they do strike me that way, it's like the stars align, the heavens are opened, energy is vibrating at high levels, and the silence is more profound than any words. It's a connection between two people that is enlightening and so refreshing. Just thinking about it makes me feel like I'm floating an inch above my chair. :) (By the way, I AM half-hippie...duh.)

I think the biggest characteristic that these people share is their unconditional openness and love. They all have tremendous faith and hope in the growth and betterment of the world.

Mike, Sarah, Suzanne, Patrick, Lynne, Katie, Troy, Tambra...you all are just a handful of the "Good People" that have blessed my life in some way. I appreciate you and the example you have been to me!

No comments: