Monday, May 28, 2007

Catch up on life

It's been a long time since I last posted!! Life has been going pretty well...it's definitely been busy since the beginning of April.

I moved out of my apartment and in with my boyfriend around April 10th. It was a move that was the result of some extenuating circumstances with my previous living arrangement. Nevertheless, it has been a good move in a lot of ways.

That same week I moved out, I quit my job as a secretary for a title insurance agency and decided to work my Mary Kay business full time. I was and still am really excited about the opportunities and potential that open up because of this decision. At the same time, it's a bigger challenge than I ever anticipated, being my own boss....FULL TIME. :) More apparent than ever is my need to work on building the skill of discipline. Patrick gets so frustrated with me when I hit snooze or just sleep an extra hour. It's a source of frustration in our relationship, so I'm trying to convince myself to do better. I Looooooove to sleep. Loooooooove. He's looked at a bunch of unique alarm clocks online, to try to get me to become more alert and awake when the unfortunate hour of awakening arrives. At least he knows that he'll get knocked out if he tries the spray bottle method. My mom did that when I was in elementary school, and boy did it piss me off!!!! :-} One thing that helps me keep going throughout the day is a quote I posted above my desk by Gloria Mayfield-Banks, "You're not tired, You're BROKE!!" Boy does that keep me moving!

I'm grateful that I've found Patrick...he is so supportive of me reaching my dreams. It's amazing. Yes, I am indeed a lucky girl!

No comments: