Thursday, March 15, 2007

Failing Successfully


Last night I had a really good conversation with my Mary Kay Director, Amy. She asked me, "Have you learned a lot this month?" For some reason the question caught me off guard a little bit, and I quickly responded, "Yes," though I wasn't entirely sure what she meant. Then she explained a little bit... Prior to this point in my Mary Kay career, I haven't had a whole lot going on. Just sporatic appointments scheduled and a few reorders from current customers. Now that I have been putting in the effort consistently for the last month or two and have more going on, it's easier to see what I need to adjust to be more successful. So now I need to make the adjustments and see how that affects my success.

I am grateful that I'm not feeling overwhelmed by the challenges of getting the momentum built back up in my business. I told Amy that in looking back at the last month or two, I can see that I'm working harder and more consistently than I ever have, and I'm not seeing the success I dream of...yet. But regardless of that frustration, I know that being consistent and persevering will bring me that success. Now is the time for fine tuning. People who cancel, don't show, or need to reschedule are teaching me how to be a better business woman...how to let my customers know that I care about them and want to meet their needs... cosmetically, as a friend, and as a dreamer of bigger and greater experiences.

Here's a quote I read today on a website I enjoy:

"The greatest achievements of all time are built upon multiple failures. The greatest achievers are those who are willing to experience failure on their way to the success they know will most certainly come." ~Ralph Marston

I think the key to failing successfully is the last part of that quote..."on their way to the success they know will most certainly come." You've got to believe it, see it, think it, and dream it, and it will come to be. You might fall down on the way, but because you have that vision and believe it, you're going to get up and learn from the fall, becoming a greater, stronger, and wiser person.

Life is great. I don't know what's up with all these positive posts lately...it's not as interesting, but what can I say??? Life is just that damn good! :)

No comments: